fbpx

Latest Huawei publications


PM vows not to jeopardise UK security over Huawei 5G involvement

Boris Johnson said he would not risk Britain’s security when upgrading the nation’s 5G communications network – but said critics of Chinese technology firm Huawei must come up with an “alternative” provider. In an interview with the BBC on Tuesday, the Prime Minister said he did not want to “prejudice” the country’s ability to share intelligence with allies in the so-called Five Eyes arrangement – a collaboration between the UK, Australia, US, Canada and New Zealand – as a result of the improvements he had promised voters in his election manifesto.


Intelligence relationship with the US not under threat, claims MI5 chief

The head of MI5 has said he has no reason to think Britain’s intelligence-sharing relationship with the United States will be damaged if the Chinese tech giant Huawei is given access to the UK’s 5G network. The Government has come under intense pressure from the US administration not to allow Huawei a role in building 5G network amid fears that granting a Chinese firm access to the communications network could be a security risk.


Huawei claims US authorities attempted to hack its systems

Huawei has accused US authorities of attempting to break into its information systems and of trying to coerce its employees to gather information on the company.

The Chinese tech giant, which faces mounting American pressure including possible loss of access to US technology over accusations the company is a security risk, said in a statement that Washington has used “unscrupulous means” in recent months to disrupt its business.


UK to decide on Huawei 5G involvement by end of autumn

The fate of Huawei’s involvement in the UK’s 5G network could be decided by the end of the year, Digital Secretary Nicky Morgan has said.

5G equipment made by the Chinese firm is currently subject to security concerns amid accusations of links to the Chinese government, which the company has denied.


Further delay for US ban on trade with Huawei

A US ban on trade with Huawei has been delayed by a further 90 days, the US Commerce Secretary has confirmed.

Wilbur Ross said a temporary licence that eased restrictions on the Chinese technology giant and had been due to expire on Monday has now been extended to November.

Mr Ross told the Fox Business TV channel that the aim of the initial licence and its extension was to give US firms “a little more time to wean themselves off” Huawei products.



Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!